Monday, September 24, 2012

Moralist Values, and the lack of.

I’m so thankful that my parents laid the groundwork for my moral outlook on life. I was taught right from wrong, taught faith in a higher power, and gained insight on how children should be raised. Moral values are key to living a good, solid life, full of the happiness I have found with Dan.

I am astounded now, how people simply have no morals, and yet they still exist just fine. One of the biggest things I don’t understand is how some families seem to teach these morals to one kid, then celebrate another kid not having any morals worth repeating. Admittedly, I only have one child, but I’d be damned if I favored the one that broke laws, both man made and those of a higher power, over the kid that tried hard to make it in life with their morals held high.

Dan often speaks of a pair of brothers he grew up with. One would come home stone drunk and be carried in by his friends, while the other lived a meeker life, laid back and moral. The meeker of the pair continuously had his cds or movies thrown out because of ‘moral content’ whilst the other friend partied and seemed to be living a more ‘sinful’ life.

The other day, I had to comfort a friend whom has a sister who is breaking all sorts of laws, cheating on her fiancĂ© while living in his house, and all together living a life that should see them both destitute and in jail. Yet their parents not only condoned her sister’s life style, they seemed to be assisting.

I never fully understood the dichotomy of what Dan had been talking about until that conversation with said friend. It just seemed as if her moralistic way of life were being trounced by her own parents. A parent’s love is something I can fully understand, but it feeling as if your parents are turning their back on you in favor of a sibling that isn’t living a good life, I bet that feels devastating.

In the end, I came away from this conversation asking, "What has happened to society, where are the morals that we ‘need’?" I look time and time again at my relationship with Dan, and worry about it, as this world seems so seedy and unforgiving, how did I find such a good man through it all? Sometimes I unfairly question his actions, wondering if he’s as honest as he has proven himself.

I can’t let society’s lack of morals get to me, no matter how many angles it comes from. There are so many bad stories, so many tales of men and women living the high life; all the while digging a hole, not only for themselves, but a hole that will engulf their entire family. The wicked never seem to get punished for their wrong doings, and the saints have to struggle all the more.

I for one will keep my morals close, and know that I live a good life. I found a wonderful partner in this life, who makes me happier than the sinful will ever be, and I’ll know, deep down, that I truly deserve this happiness, and enjoy it, no matter how much money we have together. I know I am happier now than I have ever been, and its hard not to be even happier when I see people wallowing in sin, and being so begrudgingly unhappy in the scenarios they have created for themselves.

--Lisa

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage