Wednesday, December 11, 2013

For Those Who Don't Deserve

There are many things I simply do not have time for in my life.  I think the most important thing, though, is people who flat out don’t deserve my time.  Those people who hate, those people talk trash when they are in no position to.  Those people who need to learn how to think before they open their mouths.

Lisa herself learned something major about me recently.  I had told her many times, but nothing major truly sinks in until its demonstrated.  I’ve lived by a motto that says, “I never forgive, and I never forget.”

If you are a friend, and you do something that you think deserves forgiveness, then you truly aren’t a friend.  Everyone makes mistakes.  Everyone.  Its best to own those mistakes, and do what you can to make them better.  There are no magic words that earn trust back, it has to be earned back.

There are many people who are no longer in my life in the slightest because I simply walked away.  Sure, there are people that I still have to deal with, but I tolerate them as best I can, and keep on walking.

Case in point of people being gone...I live a lifestyle.  My wife is okay with it, I’m okay with it.  It allows us both the time we want together, and for us both to be able to explore our creativity.  It might be about to end, but it doesn’t matter, its one we chose.  Then along comes someone with a random Facebook post that tears that lifestyle to shreds, calling me out specifically as the bad guy.

Sure, it wasn’t posted towards us, but it opened our eyes, my eyes especially, as to how that person thinks.  How can anyone be so damned judgmental towards a lifestyle they themselves don’t understand.

What Lisa fully learned, is how I treat those that do such things.  You only get once chance with me, no take backs, no do overs, no “I’m sorry.”  If you earn my trust you earn it.  If you have to re-earn it you can, but the discretion itself will never be forgotten.  It doesn’t matter who you are, these are my rules.

In today’s society, its seems a common place normality that people walk all over each other.  The word ‘friend’ has nowhere near the same connotation it used to.  Family has turned into those who are easily exploited or used.  There is conditions to every form of love there is.  And the type of love that Lisa and I have is rarer than anything I’ve ever known....

Its hard not to get sick when thinking about it....  Its depressing on a grander scale than any terrorist could ever inflict.  But its also why I hold my true friends so dear to my heart.  Its why I love my wife so damn much.  Its why when I look at Nyx, I get filled with happiness, hoping she has a far more beautiful and happy life than she could have any other way.

But in the end, you only get one chance with me.  And I’ll not put up with stupidity, ignorance, hatred, or any form of anything that puts down or shames me or my true friends or family.

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage