Wednesday, July 4, 2012

To Celebrate the Fourth


The Fourth of July.  It’s hard not to get political about it, as I don’t see much to celebrate anymore.  The debate ranges so much, the United States are not on any top lists just because we’ve fallen so far, and noone here seems to care.

Care, that’s a good way to put it.  I know that I will never willing again buy a vehicle that was made in the United States after the mid-nineties.  I got to work in the auto industry for a bit, and what I saw reaffirmed my beliefs.  The American worker no longer cares for the product they produce because they don’t believe they are producing it for themselves, but for their bosses.



But before I go off on that rant, because I plan to some time in the future, I’d like to point out....  Why are the people of the United States the ones that call themselves “Americans”?  There is 35 countries that inhabit North and South America.  Seems rather elitist that the people living here are the ones to say they are Americans....  Mexicans are Americans....

Elitism, it seems to be the name of the game here in the US.  We have to continuously say we are the best in the world, but we truly aren’t.  It would be so much more amazing if the people of this country would just admit we aren’t the best any more and start rebuilding this country to something everyone could be proud of.

I just cannot be proud of what this country is, or what it stands for.  I am proud for what it was.  How can one not?  We had people walk on the moon.  We used to accredit science and the pursuit of the great unknown as our best achievement.  Instead we have college students with great degrees who can’t land jobs because those jobs are not important.

As I watch the fireworks tonight, my mind will think of how much money people are wasting, when it could go towards something better.  A better government, a better way of life, a better country.  Some people will want to celebrate all that this country is, when we are really just celebrating what this country was, while living in a delusion about what it is, and praying that someone else besides ourselves will make it better than anything we could dream....

--Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage