Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Emerald Refection of the Future

There’s nothing quite like fumbling around with an online store front.  It can be a bit frustrating, but once you get the hang of it, it can just be a bit time consuming.  But in the end, its always worth it to have product out there for sale.

Ever since I got my very first camera, I’ve always wanted to use it for something.  For years I lived in one of the most beautiful places in the entire world, and I used the time there to learn to take some truly spectacular shots of nature.  Sunsets, flowers, and landscapes.  Every great now and then I’d get a girlfriend who’d stand in front of the camera, or a friend that would go hand out and bring along kids.



It was hard to get people in front of the camera to practice with.  But I learned when I could.  Looking back, on all my backed up pictures, I have as many shots of people as I do all the natural places.

But the thing is, no matter what photos I took, when I showed them to people, their first response was, “What are you doing working here?”  I’m not a huge expert, but the criticism I got back on my photography was always great.

And when Lisa entered my life, she went out of her way to make sure that my ‘talent’ was used in every way possible.  Now, armed with my Nikon D5200, I’ve started my own photography business, and work hard to make sure that my photography is the best in the region, especially with competitive prices.



I have to admit, weddings are a ton of fun to shoot, as are portraits for people here and there.  Kids are fun to chase around with a camera, especially if you get them smiling, laughing, and posing.  But I think the best part about it all, is giving people not only what they want (which so few photographers even do) but going above and beyond and really trying to blow the customer away with quality.  There’s nothing like seeing a bride have problems choosing which photo to use as her avatar on Facebook!

But in the end, that boils back to the original thing, selling art.  Taking portraits is one thing, but setting up a beautiful art photograph is something else.  In striving to do this, I’ve frozen myself on top of mountains in the winter, and held my breath while trying to get the perfect angle on a flower.  And I still do this, every chance I get....

The future?  That’s simple, I want to continue working with my business, Emerald Reflection Photography, to make it the best photo service in the region, but I also want to attempt to bring out the best of my camera.
 I’ve created a photographer profile on Model Mayhem to try to bring in models to shoot, and I go hiking occasionally with Lisa, who is an amazing model herself.

Fact is, there’s nowhere to go but up with my camera.  Its so strange to look back at this journey, and call myself a professional photographer, but in the end, I have come that far with it.  I’ve been humble my entire life with a great many things, but honestly, I love the photos I produce, I put them on the wall of my home.

Maybe, they’ll look great on the wall of your home....

Either way, visit my professional gallery:
Emerald Reflection Photography

My ImageKind Gallery where I sell my artwork:
Emerald Reflection @ImageKind

If you are a Model, hit me up on Model Mayhem, as I'm open to do TFCD to expand my portfolio
Emerald Reflection @ModelMayhem

Or simply stop by FaceBook and give us a Like!
Emerald Reflection on Facebook

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage