Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Small Town Drama is Small Town Entertainment

There’s something odd about the ‘human condition.’  The fact that paranoia and silly unsubstantiated fear can completely override logic.  All this truly rears its ugly head when people watch Fox News, but its prevalent everywhere in life.

Its strange to me that people will believe what they want to believe when shown facts and amazing evidence to the contrary.  Sure, I COULD be talking about religion, but I’m not.  I do remember a conversation with a woman who said, “Well why couldn’t everything have just ‘started’ six thousand years ago?”



But more recently, it just boggles my mind that people want to believe whatever they read without giving it any thought.  Ever day there is some lie that spreads on Facebook that ends up causing people to melt down in some way, until its all cleared up.  How many times does this have to happen before people honestly wise up and double check things?

I truly hate it when it happens just out in the open in real life.  Where someone says something, and you just stand there flabbergasted not knowing how to reply.  I don’t know how many times a day my wife and I just stare at the phone, or the TV, or someone out in public because we simply can’t believe that someone would believe what they honestly believe.

All you have to do is inject a bit of logic into anything, and you can see the lies and misinformation that should give pause to anyone hearing some crazy story.  If someone is a known liar, why would you believe them when they say something that makes no sense at all?

In the end, I’ve learned, throughout my life, that some sources of information you cannot trust.  I personally know people that if they told me the sky was blue, that I’d still have to check with my own eyes to be sure.  Yet when these people say something incredulous, that makes no sense what-so-ever, its taken as an omen from the gospel.

Part of me wishes I could get outraged by this, but I’m just too out numbed by people’s stupidity at this point.  I wish I could say that anything I just wrote about stuns me, or shocks me when it happens.  But it doesn’t.

The fact is, I’m used to mass media putting out lies to sell their commercial slots.  Ratings and money are gods in their world.  And I’m completely used to people believing these lies because it might make sense to them, or fit in with what they want to believe.  I’m also used to certain people in life just lying so much its not just a habit, it’s a lifestyle.

Luckily all of that happening to me personally is far behind me.  I’m so happy I have Lisa as my wife, and that the friends that I have kept over the years are the kind I’m proud to have I my life, though they aren’t in my life as much as I wish they were.  All drama that happens is outside of our household, and is more fun to watch than anything else.  Between neighbors, and the city council, and the paranoia that follows in the wake of the old folks watching the news on TV, there is never a dull moment in a small town.  That is...if you have the sense of humor that can handle watching the drama llama spit in everyone’s eyes.

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage