Saturday, August 4, 2012

Outside of here.


Expanding one’s horizons is such a nice thing to do.  Its amazing to see what’s out there, even if its just reading about it.  Today I learned about some things in another country that I never knew existed.  I was simply amazed and shocked at things.

But then, I’ve been looking around at other countries for awhile.  There’s so much out there in this world.  History that has been kept from me, especially as I’m from the US and we’re taught that we’re the best and there’s nothing else worth seeing out there.  It’s a sad fact of life, living here.




I never knew that parts of Southern Africa are actually quite safe to visit and possibly live.  There are a few great destinations in Central America.  Its just a shame that the mosquitos can be so deadly in many other places.  But the culture, history, and natural beauty of such places cannot be rivaled.

I love how some sites talk about the change in lifestyle, how people can’t handle going from the hustle and bustle of the States to the laid back lifestyle of Costa Rica and Belize.  That’s such a sad though, that people can’t let go of their stress long enough to kick back and enjoy this life.

But then, escaping is such a dream.  Money is such a daunting challenge here, how can one make it in another country?  Sure the cost of living is less, but so is the pay rates.  But then, you could go open up something that’s a dream job.  A dream is just a dream as long as you dream it, when you start acting out, it becomes a goal.  I wonder if I’ve passed that threshold yet....

Do you yourself have any dream destinations you want to live?  Do you have plans to get there, or is it just a dream?

–Dan


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage