Friday, August 31, 2012

(poem) - The Most Important Birthday


A birthday is a wonderful thing
But a birthday of someone you love is special
I can stand for so much
How can it be anything other than cheerful

Another reminder of time spent together
Another passing milestone
Towards that forever we promised
Proving that promise really was set in stone

Another birthday has come for you
I love you my dear
Through all the ups and downs
We made it yet another year

And, even though its impossible
My love for you has grown even stronger
And even though I can’t understand how
It will continue to grow as we stay together longer

Autumn has come
The leaves will soon change
The air will get colder
And marriage to you seems less strange

I wish I could have gotten you more
For this special occasion
But we both know
This relationship is the perfect heaven

I love you with all my heart
And on this day of days
All I can give you is thanks
And a ton of praise

Because you are the one
That I have lived my life for
The only woman
That I can truly adore

You are my entire world
My entire life
And I shall see you through
All this world’s strife

I will hold your hand
Through all the bad
And make sure you are
Nothing but glad

You are my fiancé
You ARE my wife
To cut me away
Would take more than the sharpest knife

I love you Lisa
And on your birthday
I want you to know
By your side, I will forever stay.

--Dan

--Want more Poetry?  Check out my Poetry Collection Page!

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage