Wednesday, August 29, 2012

This Journey


What a journey.  Soon I shall pass the 1000 page view mark, and I couldn’t be more happy.  I know many people surpass this mark much faster than I have, I’m still very proud.  How could I not be?

Our blog here is definitely a little labor of love, and I’ve had so much fun doing it.  With The Ballad of the Emerald Bard up and running on Saturdays, I’ve become even more proud.  Just to know people are stopping by and enjoying what they read, and then coming back later for more is a true honor.




Not only that, but its has truly been a journey.  It’s a nice feeling to reach down inside me and write an essay or an article on a subject, no matter what it is.  And there is so many other things to write about out there.

Not only that, but I’ve definitely got a TON more to learn about this medium.  SEO, and backlinks, and all sorts of odd terms to learn, and try to fit in.  And there’s still so much more to do, I have so many pictures to edit and post, so much photography I’ve learned, and I can’t wait to share....

On top of that, learning how to create a Facebook fanpage, and figure out how twitter works to get more ways to promote this blog and find other blogs.  This is definitely the reason blogs have to be a labor of love, because there is so much ‘extra’ work to do.  Admittedly you don’t have to do anything besides start a blog and write, but how can one start something and not go all into it?

At least this is all terribly fun.  Thank you all for putting up with me while I get th is blog running.  This is my 41st post, and I still have a very long way to go.  I’m sure my layout will continue to change regularly as I try so hard to work out the best way I can get it too look.  Yeah, this is a journey, and some of you are taking it with me.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my blog, and I do hope you are enjoying it.

–Dan



Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage