Monday, March 4, 2013

The Loss of Internet Connection


There’s nothing quite like an internet outage in this day and age.  Wake up, get the computer running, and boom, nothing you can do.  It’s a pretty crazy feeling to feel this kinda helpless.  All the stuff that keeps me connecting to the outside world has fallen silent, and it’s a pretty interesting feeling.

To me, it’s the loss of connectivity.  Most of all I do now is online, this blog for instance.  With an internet outage, I have no way of connecting to it.  I mean, sure, there are things I can do around the house, but as I write this, I’m sitting her in my scheduled blog time.




It truly makes me wonder what would happen in a large scale outage.  Technology has become so dependent on the Internet....  There was a question in the discussion boards I frequent the other day, about “what would you do if the internet crashed” and most of the answers were comical.  But situations like this, where I’m without internet, make me truly think about that scenario.

Teenagers without Facebook...now that’s a scary thought.  But honestly, so many people legitimately keep in contact over the internet, what happens when they are cut off.  What happens to people taking online classes?  I guess I should be most thankful that the internet stayed alive long enough for me to meet my future wife on an online dating service....

So today, I shall stand above the internet and read its eulogy.  It’s a somber sad day, when one person writes a blog, yet can’t post said blog.

Well, maybe I can post this later, after the internet comes back up, if it ever does....  I mean...I did say something about its eulogy before.  I guess everyone will know if the internet came back up, because they’ll be reading this....  But if they don’t, then its gone forever....  And...we are no longer connected, and that feeling of alone is creeping back in.

Well, I’m going to end this here, because I need to go outside and practice making a fire....  I feel dark days ahead....

Annnyways, that was a fun crazy rant, love doing those, letting my mind wander.  But seriously, what do YOU do when the internet is down?  Do you just pop up a game that doesn’t require the internet to play?  Do you write blogs for future publication, such as I did this one?  Do you go insane and start thinking the world is over?  Any funny stories about how a teenager you know reacts?   I’m really curious to read some comments on this subject, so comment away, please!

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage