Monday, June 17, 2013

Seeking Artist for the Ballad of the Emerald Bard

The one thing my blog lacks, and I know it lacks this more than anything else, is photos and pictures.  I get a decent amount of traffic and I’m very proud and humbled by how much I do get, but there’s no telling how much more I’d get if I spent a bit more time and tossed in some pictures.  So, I’ve decided to go out of my way to attempt to add a bit of life to at least part of the blog.

Recently I’ve started a campaign to get some artist renditions of the Ballad of the Emerald Bard’s main character, Deeya, drawn.  Its actually quite daunting looking at artist’s work and then seeing how much they would do a piece of art for.




The main drawback is that I have a very limited budget, so I’ve had to pass up on quite a few amazing artists.  Luckily there are a few that work cheap and still put out really amazing stuff.

Deeya, herself, was born withing a video g
ame, but as I’ve taken her out of the video game, her look should probably change a bit.  I know I want to keep the short hair, Elf ears that are more LOTR/Star Trek ears, and green eyes and clothing.  Her outfit could never be defined the way I wanted it in game, so that’s always up to a bit of interpretation.

El’Mindeeya Do’Katal is a Forrest Elf, she stands roughly 5 feet tall, with a thin, athletic build.  She’s a tomboy, has short black hair, almost always wears pants or leggings, yet wants to make sure she keeps a feminine look.  Normally she wears an underbust corset over a shirt of some sort.

Accessories are always easy, she has an emerald necklace she used to wear, but doesn’t anymore.  She has no rings.  She wears metal bracers on her arms (both of which are functional not only as blocking agents in fights but have ‘steampunk’ technology that can unlock or destroy manacles.  These bracers are permanent and cannot be removed.  When traveling she wears leather shoulder guards, and strap on leather for her thigh.  She pretty much always wears kneehigh boots.  She never wears makeup.

She’s a bard through and through, a performer at heart.  Though she never wears anything that shows excessive skin, she doesn’t mind showing midriff and a hint of whatever cleavage she can display, as she’s not that well endowed but knows how to have cleavage with a corset.

Most of her reference photos were taken from the video game she was born in, but in the world I have her in now, she has no tattoos or scars.

One thing to note is that her music is imbued with magic, a cool effect which may or may not be captured in any artwork.

The fact is, I am looking for just a few poses of her to use around the blog and in some banners.  That’s my realistic outlook.  My fantastical one is to have illustrations of some scenes, or even work on a comic book format with an artist.


If you are an artist and are interested, please feel free to contact me in any way, through Facebook, email, or even in the notes.  As I said, my budget is limited but I can promise that your artwork will be featured on this site, which currently averages 250 pageviews a day.  And once I hit a certain point the Ballad will be collected into an eBook, or maybe even publication.

And be sure to check out the Ballad of the Emerald Bard every Saturday!

P.S. I will edit this in the future to have a better description of her so as to keep this as a reference of her for future artistic endeavors.

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage