Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Why I Avoid Politics

I tend not to get too political on our blog.  I do it for several reasons.  There are plenty of political blogs out there, and many have some valid opinions, and sometimes I’ll even join in on those discussions.

But when it comes to our blog here, I do like to point out some things here and there that need to be changed.  I’ve never liked getting into the discussions here over who is right and wrong.  One of the main reasons of that is that people are so brainwashed as to what is going on with politics.

The absolutely biggest reason I steer clear of politics, here, is because I honestly no longer care.  I’ve been voting for years now, and following politics flat out gives me a headache.  The worst part about politics at all is the sheer fact that no one is right....  NO ONE....

Its to the point to where I am honestly ashamed to live in this country because of my government.  I’m ashamed of this country’s policies, and I’m ashamed of how the people act about the government.  I’m ashamed to think that at one time, I thought my vote actually mattered.

Face it, votes do not account for much here, because there’s no one worth voting for.  Both parties are exactly the same, and get polarized and grid locked over issues that no one in this country truly gives a damn about.  Campaign adds on TV are nothing but people talking about how horrible the other person is, not about what they want to do in office.  If they did talk about that, you’d find they candidates say the exact same thing....

People talk about government reform, but they don’t talk about how to do it, or why to do it.  Our Congress and Senate has become nothing but a good ol’ boy’s club, who are so out of touch with what’s going on with their own constituency that they wouldn’t know real work if it bit them.  And I’d laugh in the face of anyone who tried to tell me different.

The “People” no longer exist in government, only those with money and power can get in.  And they have the media’s help with shunning those they don’t feel belong.  Every election there are some truly interesting people that do not get any air time at all, with some truly amazing ideas that get pushed aside.

The funny thing is, the first thing anyone ever asks me is what I’d do to fix the government, try to get my ideas so they could pick it all apart, destroy my argument from another angle.  You know what my honest answer is?  There is no fixing this government.

The checks and balance system was exploited, and it turns out there is one serious flaw, one above all others.  The people that make the rules are the ones benefiting form them.  (The best way to point this out is with the recent government shutdown, government employees are forced to not have pay, while the Congressmen and Senators and President all still get paid.  Sure its been memed about, but seriously, if they stopped getting paid, I'm sure the problem would already be fixed.)  The only way to ‘fix’ the system is from within.  With the media’s help in not giving air time to those that WANT to fix the situation, we get stuck with the people that just exploit it.

Term limits for EVERYONE in office, Senate and Congress alike.  Election reform, in the way that its tax payer funded, so that more than just the rich, or rich backed get heard.  Neither will ever happen, though.  EVER.

To get either done, the people benefiting from the system as it is now, have to perform selfless acts and give the government back to the people of this country....  Yeah right....

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage