Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Music is a Soundtrack to your Life

Have you ever had music that you liked in your life, that later the words opened up and meant something to you?  My life has gone through so many evolutions I struggle to keep track of them all, but through them all is a soundtrack...a list of music that resonated within my soul, and showed me a moment of pure understanding.

Sometimes, music can talk to you.  A friend of mine used to say that you can’t truly love Jimi Hendrix unless he speaks to you.  He said the same of Jim Morrison.  Fact is, neither of those have ever spoken to me.



But many singers have throughout my life.  Adam Duritz with Counting Crows, Trent Reznor with Nine Inch Nails, and Ozzy with Black Sabbath.  In highschool and for awhile after, these three men spoke lyrics to me that made more sense than any poet throughout history has ever spoke.  I can hear certain songs from my past, and instantly be transported back.

Back before love and lust, back before bills and jobs, back when friends were people that walked in and out of my life like they were caught in revolving doors.  So many songs bring me so many memories.  Warm Texas nights, reclining back in my convertible looking at the stars on some crazy backroad, to feeling the electricity between myself and another person after igniting a passion that scared women away.

I’ve decided, while writing this, that every year...let me make a note about it...there.  Okay.  Yeah, every year, just after the first of January, I’m going to make a post about the soundtrack of the year before.  This year will be easy enough.  The year I got married.  I’m sure I’ll put in the songs from the ceremony.

Its something I kind of wish I had started a very long time ago.  Sure, I can remember some of the songs.  Hurt by NIN, Solitude by Black Sabbath, Mrs. Potter’s Lullaby and Long December by Counting Crows.  But I’m sure there’s some from way back then that I don’t remember.  It would even be interesting to try to piece together soundtracks from years gone by.

Anyways, short post, but its one of those that gives me inspiration and ideas for things to come, and maybe even inspire others out there.  In fact, I dare you, write a post about your current soundtrack, a hand full of songs that describe everything perfectly in your life.  Or maybe from a year in your past.  At the very least...tell me in the comments below what song means the most to you right now, and why!

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage