Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Where Does Art Reside?


There is something beautiful about art, and something artistic about beauty.  I’ve always believed the two go hand in hand, yet I do know there are forms of art that shun beauty, yet have a beauty all their own.  I’m sure there’s tons of quotes putting the two together in some lyrical fashion, but, in the end, I feel that quotes do either that much good when they are combined.

On the wall, above my desk is a print of a painting.  Its called Dangerous Deception by L. Daniels.  It is probably the most beautiful portrayal of a Bengal Tiger I have ever seen.  I fully believe the Bengal is the second most beautiful creature that lives.  They are complete poetry in motion.


The particular print hanging above my desk, has a duality to it.  One, the cat looks as if its being lazy, rolling in the grass.  Two, its eyes are fully fixed on target, with a hunter’s gaze.  It calls into question so many things about the scene, and the portrait.  I adore the painting with a great passion, and I’m so proud to have it in my collection.

So, I’m sure you asked, what is the number one most beautiful creature? Well, if you didn’t, good for you, you didn’t fall for the trap.  The human female.  There is something beautiful in the curves, softness, and strength of a woman.  You can put a woman in a pose, with a look upon her face, and then you can spend ages telling about the story behind the woman.  Sure, most of it will be wrong, but its still inspiration, pure and simple.

That’s what I seek out of art, or at least what I find in anything that makes me see it as art.  And there’s so much in life.  Sometimes, its just the way a tree bends, and the sun making a perfect shadow across it, as clouds drift in the background....  Sometimes it’s a picture an armed serviceman striking a pose as something is going on behind him.  Sometimes its as simple as a comic book cover with the perfect combination of story behind that scene.

I never know where I’m going to find art, but I know I always keep looking.  It’s the little things in life, that make the big things.  And you never do know what you might see next that changes your life, even the smallest amount, for the better.

So what do you see as art?  Do you have a favorite painting or photograph that you have to keep around?  What about in an art gallery?  What is your favorite piece of art?

–Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage