Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas - 2012


Is it really already Christmas again?  Haha, just kidding, we’ve been being prepared for this moment for a very long time, the stores have had their Xmas trees out since September, so its no real surprise at all.  Its been a very long road of Christmas music, and other things that have made sure we are very well prepared for this date....

I have a ton of memories dealing with Christmas as a child, and later in life, it became something that represented something else, family and life....  I know it sounds strange, but let me get into the story.

When I first moved away from Texas, I left everything behind, family and friends, and moved to a strange place where I knew no one and no one knew me.  It was daunting, and when we started celebrating Christmas in the work place, I realized some things.  Mainly that I didn’t care to celebrate it by myself.

So, I didn’t even put up a tree or decorations for years.  After about three years, living alone, I started making my New Years Resolution to have a good reason to celebrate Christmas that coming year.

The first year I celebrated Christmas, after I left my home, was with my first live in girlfriend.  Yes, THAT one.  Sadly, even though we fought, I still remember the entire process fondly.  Somewhere buried on this computer, MIGHT be a picture I took with her on the day we completed putting up our Xmas tree.  There have been so many hard drive failures since then, it might have been lost completely, I just know I’ve not looked for that picture in a long time, nor do I feel the need to.

It was nice actually having a reason to celebrate, despite all the chaos.  Although I do know that having her in my life was a step in the wrong direction, at least it was a step in SOME direction, as I had been stagnant for so long.  I’ve celebrated many Christmas’ since, and each one has had its own set of wonderful memories.  Like the time my skittish cat named Ghost came down the stairs the first time in his new home and joined the family.  That was Christmas day, and it was wonderful to see him become part of our family, shame he didn’t see too many more after that....

Now here I am, with a brand new family.  When we put up the tree, just after Thanksgiving, I loved putting on one particular ornament.  Lisa and I had bought one of those, “Our first Christmas” ornaments last year.  And now that we are so much closer to finally being married, it was a true joy to hang that one on the tree for a second time.

Somehow, I always knew that celebrating this holiday would be important to me sometime in the future.  I remember the thinking back then, knowing that I would be truly happy when I had a real reason to celebrate this particular holiday.  And as I look at my wife and step-daughter, I know full well, that I am truly happy, as we celebrate Christmas together.

Merry Christmas and Xmas everybody! No matter what you believe, I hope you are truly happy with your life, and celebrating what is truly special to you.

–Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage