Monday, January 28, 2013

Life's Little Complications



There is nothing quite like complications.  They arise when you least expect them, and make life so much more complicated.  If you’ve followed the blog, or know us at all then you know that our marriage is just a handful of weeks away.  The fact is, we had a complication arise a while ago that is throwing many things into turmoil.

An interesting fact: I have never owned a passport, nor gone out of the country.  I’ve always wanted to.  We wanted so much to do a Carribean Cruise for our honeymoon, as Lisa has never been on a cruise, and I wanted us to do something together neither of us has ever done.


But alas, complication number one.  We can’t get my passport in time, but we knew this quite a ways in advance.  So, our honeymoon isn’t exactly a honeymoon.  We are going on a family trip, taking our stepdaughter, to Disney World, to celebrate us becoming a family together.  But we do plan on taking the cruise a month later, so we’ll see....

Complications and plan changes suck.  But they are necessary.  There’s definitely no reason to postpone the wedding again because of the honeymoon arrangements.  Besides, Lisa loves Disney World tons and is dying to take me.  Me?  I’m not overly thrilled.

I don’t like theme parks and tend to not like rides.  There’s not a single Disney film I have ever truly loved, though with the somewhat recent acquisition of LucasFilm, Star Wars is now Disney, and as they have that Star Wars ride, so I’m pretty sure I know which ride I’ll like best while I’m there.

Luckily Disney World is vast and varied.  The only theme park I’ve truly enjoyed since I hit my teenage years was a water park in Texas called Schliterbahn, which is friggin’ awesome.  Lisa and I went there last summer, and it was still amazingly fun.  Part of me looking forward to seeing this place everyone calls that ‘happiest place on earth.’  I’m sure I’ll enjoy myself, but I was seriously looking forward to that promising relaxation you get from a cruise.  Seeing island countries, and turquoise blue water....

Yeah, I’m jealous of travel bloggers.  I can’t help it.  What I wouldn’t give to be able to travel the world and pay for it all by writing about it....  There are so many places I want to see.  I know I look forward to writing about my family vacation to Disney World, and the delayed honeymoon cruise.

But then, enter complication number two.  Lisa is probably not going to be fully healed by the time the Honeymoon roles around, her surgery was pretty major, though she’s healing very well.  So, we’ve had to postpone the honeymoon altogether.  We decided to compromise all the way around, and take both trips at a later date, when we know we can both enjoy them.

What I’m happy about most, is that we came to a compromise so easily about things.  We both wanted different things, but when we stepped back and looked at everything that was going on, Lisa and I was able to come to a quick decision about what we should do.  It bodes well for the future of the relationship that her and I can step back and deal with complications so easily, and adapt to what needs adapted to.

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage