Monday, August 13, 2012

One of Those Mother-In-Laws


So, its starting to look like I’m going to inherit one of “those mother-in-laws.”  She completely thinks I’m not good enough.  She goes so far as to suggest other men for her daughter, my fiancé.

But then it goes deeper.  Its not just a mother-in-law situation, its something much more.  The drama the woman exudes is astounding.  And I honestly have no clue where to begin.  I guess I’ll begin with the hard part.




I won’t go too much into Borderline Personality Disorder, or BPD, but she showcases many of the signs.  The main one is how she will switch between idealizing and demonizing people.  This woman’s son is a piece of work, he either can’t keep a job for more than a week before quitting, or he’s completely lying about having a job, where he borrows money for a hotel room, stays the weekend, and quits on Monday....  Oh, and he takes one of his girlfriends, none of whom are his wife....

One day that man is the Golden Child, and is to be looked up to and revered, according to his mother, the next he’s untrustworthy and a rapscallion.  The same goes for me.  One minute I’m the best guy for her daughter, the next I’m the guy leeching off her with evil plans to run off with all the money that she wants her daughter to pay her back....




All this aside, I can handle some of the flip flopping, but the lies are killing me.  One day we stood out this mother-in-law asked me about past girlfriends.  I have her the stories, and my thoughts on each, and then she turned around and behind my back, twisted the stories to fit her need of breaking me and my fiancé up.  Some of the things she said were out right fabrications, and, thankfully, my fiancé picked up on them, as she was right there when I told her mom these things....  Its one thing to suggest that a guy isn’t good enough for your child, its another thing to outright lie about the guy she’s in love with.

But, in the end, it’s the digging that gets me the most.  The gut wrenching BS questions that are only put inside someone’s head if they are being manipulative.  Questions like, “So what DOES Dan do when he’s home alone and you are at work?  Maybe he’s talking to women all over the Internet, maybe he has several other lovers like your brother!”  Yeah, here I am using my time at home to blog, to clean the house, do chores (as I do all the dishes and laundry), and many other things.  Lisa told her mom this, and her mom replied along the lines of how easy that would be, and Lisa then remembered her mom complaining horribly about having to house work herself back in the day....

All in all, I definitely am getting on of “those mother-in-laws.”  She lies, she tries to break her daughter and me up, constantly talks down about me in public, and tries as hard as she can to monopolize her daughter when she’s in a mood.  I think for the most part, I’m sick of my fiancé going to visit her mom, and coming back in tears, and joking about suicide, not to mention having changed the idea if we should get married....  Yeah, its that bad.

How bad is your in-law?  I know some can be horrible but I’d LOVE to hear nice stories if you have them!

Also, here’s a challenge to you bloggers, work in the word ‘Rapscallion’ into your own blogs!

–Dan


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage