Monday, August 20, 2012

Remembering a Wedding


Why are weddings such stressful things to plan?  It makes absolutely no sense.  You want a celebration of your love with friends and family in attendance, but it turns in to a huge drama-fest of trying to make sure everything’s perfect.  But why?

Surely its not an ego thing.  It seems like it when you watch the shows on TV about it.  How people have to have a weddings that’s better than another persons.  Its sad when you see it, but it definitely happens.




Part of me can understand some of the stress, deadlines and dates and the money it takes.  On top of that, making sure everything matches color and theme.  Yet it just seems to go deeper than that.  It seems like that’s the first time a couple gets to make decisions as a couple.  At least that’s the way it used to be.  After living together for over a year, I think Lisa and I have made some decisions together that trump what flower matches what leaf.

Lisa ended up really saying it best though.  “I just want it to be memorable.”  I admit that I’ve not been to many weddings, and honestly, I really only fully remember one.  It was at a renaissance festival, and was just overall fun.  I got to go to a wedding and a really good festival all in one wack, so the whole day was memorable.

But I know our wedding really won’t be too much like that.  We’ll go out and have fun with friends, have a ceremony, and a reception, and going on our way.  Its going to be rather small, but definitely nice and intimate with people we want to be there.  I look forward to seeing my friends seeing me happy, sharing in my happiness, knowing I made the right decision.  Will they remember it in years to come?  Honestly, I just hope they remember how happy their friend was, because no matter what, when Chris and Nicole got married at that festival, sure I remember the king and queen stopping by, I remember Chris’ dad double fisting beers, I remember the guy teaching the basics of playing with a sphere, I remember the weight of their goblets....but above it all, was how happy they were at that moment.

--Dan


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage