Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Why I Use a Camera.

 Most people that know me, know that I do more than just write.  I love photography.  Somewhere along the way I got passably good at it.  Well, definitely not just somewhere, I know where I got it from, but still, this blog is more about what fun it is to get a good shot, and how I got them.

Remember to always get a good angle.  That’s the key.  There are many ideas about symetry and other things, and you always have to be conscious of that, but when it all comes down to it, the angle is always the key.


I love natural framing  How can one not?  Find a great subject for a picture, then make sure its visual inside something.  Always adds a wonderful wow factor, even if the 'frame' is minimal.


Always be in the right place at the right time....  Yeah, I know that's hard, but you never know what kind of pictures you might get if you work at it. For some of my sunset photos I stood on top of a mountain, in the dead of winter, bundled up so crazy....  I bought a face mask for the occasion, and my leather trench coat was so warm, but yeah, my eyes hurt, and the one hand I had to keep ungloved to press the button was dying....  But then, I got the shot, and even though it might have been unpleasant, I got a great memory and it was quite fun all together....


Sure, editing can be fun, but you have to be sure you are doing the photograph justice.  Always be careful with Photoshop, but when you KNOW it is going to add something to the photo, do it right.


The main thing about photography is, just have fun.  It is an excuse to go places you normally wouldn't, and see things that you'd never see.  Photography makes me see the smaller things so much better, and has truly made me appreciate living on this planet, and being human.



((As always, with my photos, they are taken by me, and copyright by me, please do not use without permission.))
--Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage