Thursday, September 20, 2012

(poem) - Envoy of my happiness


How did I not know
My life was so bad
Before I had you
As my bride?

The day to day
Meandering pace
Of simply avoiding
The mirror’s face





I once walked
In a land of the dead
Where even the dreams
Were places of dread

Enjoyment was found
In the most unhealthy places
I am revolted by the memory
Of many of those past faces

I look upon yours
And fill with such joy
It overwhelms me so
Because you are True-Love’s Envoy




Sometimes I see the past
All too clearly
And am roused awake
Having missed you dearly

I’m glad the past is the past
And I no longer have to live it
Its wonderful to remember the mistakes
So I don’t have to repeat it.

I have lived a life
Of deranged sorrow
Where I had to
Beg, steal, and borrow




I lost a house
I lost a home
But I gained a life
And started brand new volume

How did I find this happiness?
Why do I deserve such joy?
I am so completely overwhelmed
You are truly my soul’s envoy.

--Dan

--Want more Poetry?  Check out my Poetry Collection Page!


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage