Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Opinion on Domestic Violence



There are many, many, many causes out there to blog about and bring attention to.  So many horrible things happen to so many people so often, that its impossible to single out any to bring light to, to bring attention to, so that someone might be able to do something about it.  There’s one in particular though, that I’ve run into so many times in my life, I simply cannot ignore....

Domestic Violence, it has many connotations, but in the end, out of women that I have met in my life, I can point to near all of them and tell you about some form of abuse that they’ve had to deal with, from a husband, boyfriend, or loved one.  Its sickening, truly sickening, how many stats there are on the subject.


But what’s worse, is that most cases are never reported.  Case in point, it is a now a colloquial anachronism now about how a woman will cover up being hit by, “falling down the stairs.”  How many times has that been used on TV and in movies?  Its practically pop culture....

Fact is, men are volatile, and sometimes need to hit something, so they hit their wife.  I’ve known quite a few women that have been hit by their husband, or boyfriend.  But the even sadder fact, is what happens after.  They don’t report it, they don’t try to go for help, they try to help the person that hit them.

Some people fall into this odd well, where they think they can ‘help’ someone with a problem, especially of violence.  I’ve seen it time and time again, where a woman will say, “It’s my fault he gets violent....”  Sometimes the woman will come out of it, and survive, and get away.  Most of the time, they just live with it for the rest of their lives....  I don’t see how anyone can stay with anyone who held a gun to their head....
   
Yes, the violence can be that drastic, and often is.  Sometimes the man will be THAT controlling.  Its truly sad when a child comes into the picture, and the woman thinks that the child will change him for the better....  I’ve never seen it work that way...never....  The man always gets more problematic, more violent, because he then feels more trapped....

I can go on and on and on.  This subject is very dear to my heart, because it sickens me, especially being a man, that men can get that way.  I’ve been known to get violent and put a few holes in walls, but I’ve never hurt anyone that hasn’t hurt me first, and that stat will stay with me forever.  But what I want to move on to, is this:

There are signs, and people can help.  Most times its not the wife or the girlfriend that turns someone in, it’s the neighbor, or family member, or close friend.  The best thing you can do, is turn it in, if you fully believe its going on to someone you know.  They are trapped, they think they can fix the situation, but they can’t, and if you don’t, they could die.  And a child in that situation will learn to grow up and hit their own spouse.

If you truly care, then it is your business, and my take on it is, simply, noone deserves such a relationship.  And I don’t care if its happening to someone else, and its truly not my business, I’ll be damned if I will let anyone beat up on someone smaller than them, or damage them emotionally.  I don’t care if its my neighbor, or even a hated ex-gf.  I will make it my business, because everyone deserves a chance to enjoy life, and not get beat down.  Everyone.

--Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage