Monday, November 19, 2012

Ignoring the Flame of Creation

It saddens me to no end when people give up on something they enjoy.  I’ve seen it happen over and over again, for whatever the excuse.  I guess its because I’m so goal oriented, and so artisticly driven, but something feels like it dies inside every time I see someone give up.

Writing and music are the easiest examples.  I can see the joy in people’s eyes when they play music, but seeing them set down a guitar, just because they don’t have time, or it never went anywhere is just sad.  There’s something beautiful about creating, even if its just for fun.  How else will your soul truly sing?

Its hard for writing to honestly go anywhere.  I should know, I’ve written all my life, and have nothing to show for it but lots of large text files on my hard drive, well, until this blog thing.  But watching someone give up writing, after you’ve seen that sparkle in their eyes at having created another world, with living breathing characters...yeah, that is like something dying.  It absolutely kills me on the inside.

I’ve seen some of the most beautiful paintings come to life from people, yet they stop because it takes up too much time.  Its truly a travesty, especially when they see something that lights up their eyes, and they can see the painting before them, exactly how they’d paint it, and then they never do....  I don’t see how anyone can ignore that spark, not kindle it into a raging fire that blooms outward, inspiring others with beauty and creativity.

But then, as I said, I’m very driven artistically.  You can ask Lisa, about how fervently I talk about creating, and how it makes her feel.  Creating is beautiful, you should never give it up, no matter what.  Even if it doesn’t go anywhere, it takes You Somewhere.

–Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage