Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Dog's Reaction to the Wedding


Now that it’s a couple of weeks since the wedding, its fun to look back upon the whole experience and make some observations.  The main one I’m going to focus on for this post is the most interesting one that I really noticed.  The fact is, for the wedding, we had some people stay at the house.  My parents, my aunt, and the best man.

The house is easily big enough for everyone, and it felt nice when everyone came over to hang out the night before the wedding, and the day of.  There were so many people in the house, playing pool, hanging out talking.  It was a whirlwind experience that I wish would have lasted far longer, as seeing all my old friends together under the same roof...yeah, it was amazing.




One of the reasons why I knew we had a full house was our dog.  She is normally VERY happy to see new people.  Excited and climbing all over people.  Its quite cute.  But for the first time, I got to see an interesting side of her.  There’s no mistaking that I’m her ‘daddy’ for all intents and purposes.  I’m normally the first she goes to when she’s done something wrong, or CJ is chasing her, or something.  She waits outside the bedroom door for me, so forth and so on.

It was easy to tell she was excited seeing so many people around the house, and was enjoying the attention she’d get.  But when I’d stand apart from the crowd, she’d come to me, and stand behind me.  She was honestly getting overwhelmed and needed breaks.

I had wondered before hand how she’d handle the issue of tons of people in the house.  Fact is, she did extremely well, in her own cute way.  All the sounds, all the noises, all the movement.  Especially the day of the wedding, the only time I sat down that wasn’t a car ride was on one of the night stands for about a minute.

Normally after we have visitors leave, the dog is noticeably affected.  She was obviously more relaxed, and even seemed to be self entertained.  She has her own little pillow, and several stuffed animals.  In the days following everyone’s departure, she spent a good bit of time with those items.  It did not take her long though, to want cuddles again, and to interact either all cute like, or all hyper like.

It was interesting to see how the whole thing affected her.  She definitely enjoyed herself, and was a wonderful dog the whole time.  But it’s the little things you notice in your close pets that make you smile.  The things you wish you could actually share with them so they’d understand.  That’s what makes them part of the family.  They, too, have emotions, and personalities.

I’ve talked quite a bit about how I’m so amazed and happy to have such a wonderful family.  Lisa is an amazing wife, and CJ is an unbelievable step-daughter.  But the dog adds so much more love to the equation of this family.  She has her issues, just like any of us, but she’s an amazing little being that we absolutely enjoy having around us.

We talk quite a bit about another dog, or getting a cat, but we’ve all decided, that this is our dog’s house now, and we won’t get another pet for awhile.  I definitely love my family, which includes my dog, and I’m so happy that she enjoyed my friend’s visit, because I can’t wait for them to come back and visit again!

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage